FranchiseWorks.com | Massage Franchises Offer 5 Ways Therapeutic Massages can help Fight off the Flu.
San Antonio, TX – Scheduling a regular massage can have more than just relaxation benefits. In fact, massage therapy has many physical and emotional health benefits as well. Studies have shown that including massage therapy in your daily wellness routine can have many health benefits, including lower blood pressure, improve healing, and even reduce chronic pain. During the harsh winter months, getting a regular massage can even reduce your odds of contracting an illness.
“The key to improving your overall health with massage therapy is consistency,” said Daniel Jaramillo, LMT, Corporate Lead Therapist with Massage Heights, a national massage franchise of nearly 60 massage therapy retreats. “Scheduling a regular massage can provide many health benefits, and even decrease your odds of getting sick.”
Here are five ways that therapeutic massage can benefit your health:
- Eliminate harmful toxins. Negative toxins consistently build in our body, resulting in pain, fatigue and an overall feeling of gloom. Massage helps stimulate your lymphatic glands, which is the natural way your body gets rid of the negative toxins.
- Improve your circulation. Massage helps encourage the flow of blood, essential nutrients and oxygen to your body and your brain, improving the overall circulation in your body. This can be especially helpful for the elderly and the sick.
- Reduce your chance of becoming ill. By improving your circulation through massage, you are benefiting your entire body by helping ward off incoming germs that could make you sick. Massage can help your antibodies fend off germs by improving the circulation of your lymphatic system.
- Improve the function of your immune system. Stress can lead to a suppressed immune system, which in turn, makes you more susceptible to illness. With regular massages, your immune system can regain the balance it needs to keep your health in check.
- Reduce stress. While a massage can help relax the body and soul, medical studies have shown that anything that promotes relaxation can help reduce stress. Stress can lead to many negative health aspects, including illness and disease, so regular massage appointments can help reduce stress, and thus, lessen your chance of getting sick.
About Massage Heights
Founded in 2004, Massage Heights is a membership-based massage therapy franchise offering guests the high-end massage therapy services found at a luxurious spa at an affordable price. With nearly 60 operating massage franchises, company plans call for nearly 300 additional locations by 2011, with a total of 1,620 locations within the next five years.
If you would like more information about owning a massage franchise, go to www.franchiseworks.com
FranchiseWorks.com was established in 1999 with the goal of providing qualified prospective entrepreneurs with the right franchise or business opportunity that meets his or her needs. We showcase hundreds of franchise and business opportunities in a variety of industries including new start-ups to established companies. www.FranchiseWorks.com also has information on franchise financing sources, franchise and business opportunity trade show schedules along with the latest franchise news.