Choosing an alarm monitoring company is a big decision that you shouldn't jump into without carefully considering your options. The following are some things we strongly advise you to consider when determining which monitoring service is right for you:
- Old Technology. Wires in walls are old traditions that were "a must" with conventional security systems, Now, wireless technology can offer a quicker, less expensive alternative. There are pros and cons to both wired and wireless systems - depending on your needs, timeline, budget and the construction of your home. It's best to let your security consultant help you decide which option is best for your particular needs.
- Systems That Rely on Phone Lines. Phone lines can be cut with a pair of scissors, and criminals know this. It's best NOT to use a system that relies soley on the phone line to keep you safe. Using digital technology makes your system more reliable and gives you some neat convenience options.
- Contracts. Monthly fees and strict restrictions on renewals are the tools of cavemen and are used to lock you in for longer than you may be a satisfied customer. Be sure that your contract is flexible and allows you to switch should you decide the time has come to do so.
- Middlemen and Salespeople Abound. All of these people get a cut based on the services they sell. This adds to the cost and is wasted money on your end. Instead, look for companies that cut the middlemen out of the equation. If possible, deal with the owner. It's there that you'll ge the best deal.
- High Installation Costs. For the typical home, if it takes more than a few hours to install, it costs too much. It's that simple and you should select a monitoring system that can be set up and running in less than a few hours.
- Complaints and Concerns. Do your homework. If the company has a raft of complaints and list of dissatisfied customers, there's a reason. Heed the warning and instead select an alternative monitoring service for your security needs.
Are you in the process of choosing an alarm monitoring company? Contact SHIELD Security at 877-735-3110 and we will be happy to help you select one whose features and services match your family's needs, lifestyle, and budget.